Studio Manager (Broadcast TV)
Location: Ilford, Essex
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel Ltd
Islam Channel is seeking an energetic, hands-on Studio Manager to fill in this exciting role. You must be results driven and thrive in a busy, fast paced environment and have the ability to communicate with senior management, colleagues as well as high profile guests and associates.
Broadcast Media Operations Technician duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising as well as setting up of equipment — screens, camera, chairs, props, microphones and technical gear
- Ensure that programmes or production goes according to plan
- Running sound and lighting checks to make sure that equipment is working properly
- Giving cues and time counts to presenters, guests and relevant staff
- relay instructions from the control room to the studio floor using a talkback system
- Telling the studio guest/visitors/audience what to do
- Liaising with the producer, crew and director and relaying instructions between the control room and studio staff
- Manage studio rota
- Organise, plan & make the best use of studio time
- Manage studio staff
- Manage studio inventory/equipment stock room
- Carry out performance reviews, 121 and daily attendance/absence checks and report to HR
- Dealing with technical problems and any last minute changes
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, e.g. keeping ‘safe areas’ and fire exits clear of equipment.
- Provide technical support in relation to equipment as and when necessary
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot problems in studios, post production and transmissions areas thereby minimising loss of service.
- Assist ordering and stocktaking materials and equipment
- Checking deliveries of equipment and materials and ensuring delivery to correct locations
- Set best practice workflows & processes and ensure they are followed.
- Able to ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance with required broadcast standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A sound level of understanding of broadcast systems and technology
- excellent communication skills
- People management skills
- self-confidence and the ability to generate enthusiasm in others
- Plenty of stamina and good organisational skills
- Good hearing – a lot of information is passed to Studio and Floor Managers via headphones
- Ability to provide help & support on indoor & outdoor location broadcast technology and ability to handle live indoor and outdoor broadcasts systems
- Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems
- Keen attention to detail, and a willingness to strive for continual process improvement
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Demonstrating a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Excellent team player with a positive, solution-focused approach
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office 365
- Hardworking with a can-do attitude and demonstrable use of Initiative
- Demonstrate resilience when encountering problems or setbacks
- Rises to challenges, looks for opportunities outside of comfort zone
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Please submit an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating the category you wish to apply.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Islam Channel is committed to building an international and culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.