Reporting to: Director of Productions
Location: Ilford, Essex
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel – Sky 727/Virgin 838
Islam Channel is the UK’s largest Muslim-focused network, producing a wide range of programmes across a variety of disciplines. It uses multiple platforms to reach thousands of viewers in over 100 countries worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Broadcast TV Producer, results driven, thrive in a culturally diverse environment, eager to work on interesting and varied projects.
This role will suit an individual fluent in English, tasked with producing high quality content for a Muslim-majority audience around the world. You will be responsible for producing television content from concept to completion.
We are recruiting experienced Producers in the following areas:
- News & Current Affairs
TV Producer duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Vision by developing high quality and creative content from concept to completion.
- Delegating, guiding and advising the Producers / Production support and supervising their work to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is required of them, and that they are delivering work to the expected standard within the set
- Responsible for directing, staging and lighting for shoots as well as camera work to produce high quality content
- Shoot and edit high quality content that will entice viewers to engage and watch the show
- Work with Adobe Creative Suite, especially with Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Continuous Improvement. Work in Partnership with internal clients and staff. To analyze communication/marketing opportunity and design creative content for the effective medium.
- Organise shoot production logistics (location, actors, crew, etc.), direct live-action shoots, both crew and talent, research and assess ideas for new video concepts
- Provide creativity and expertise to the design and development of video, photo, multimedia and web programmes
- Review and provide feedback on existing, proposed and past projects for visual quality and creativity
- Ensuring all Health and Safety Guidelines are followed on all shoots/locations.
- Keeping abreast of any legal developments or changes that may create compliance issues for shoots.
- Provide job reporting to Director of Productions on a regular basis to ensure projects are running correctly, to budget and schedule.
- Effectively liaising with the Marketing, Creative, Account Management, Production, Post-production manager/staff to fully understand the requirements, expectations, and vision
- Ensuring impeccable relationships and production experiences for celebrities / athletes / artists / influencers and talent.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, working with other members of the team, specialist partners and freelance staff.
- Delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards.
- Ability to travel within the UK and on International is required
- Admin duties
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in a Broadcast Television environment
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of approaches to production, post production and distribution.
- Excellent usage of Word, Excel and Outlook systems. Knowledge of Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite a bonus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via the written word in proposals and emails.
- Effective planning and organising skills, ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
- Have a positive, can-do outlook, willing to leverage past experience to provide the best solution for each project you own.
- Ability to write creatively in an engaging manner, adapt, produce and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media suitable for multimedia output
- An understanding of Health & Safety procedures and how it applies to broadcasting
- Demonstrable experience of spotting trends
- Degree level or above
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing top quality broadcast television content & on-line creative content.
- Ability to travel and attend video/production shoots on evenings, weekends and overnights when required
Please submit an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the category you wish to apply (Entertainment, Lifestyle, News & Current Affairs, Factual, Religious or Kids).
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
Islam Channel is committed to building an international and culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.