Multi Skilled Operator (MSO)
Job status: Self-employed contractor
Reporting to: Multi Skilled Operator (MSO)
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel
Islam Channel is the UK’s largest Muslim-focused network, producing a wide range of programmes across a variety of disciplines: news & current affairs, business & finance, lifestyle/magazine, sport, religion and health. It uses multiple platforms to reach thousands of viewers in over 100 countries worldwide.
Islam Channel is looking for a talented and experienced MSO to join the team on a rotating shift pattern. The ideal applicant will be hard working, conscientious, and diligent with excellent communication skills and an ability to work efficiently making best use of the resources available.
- A level of understanding of broadcast systems and technology commensurate with an operator level role.
- Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming which may include tripods, camera, lighting, cables, microphones, and headphones.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate using various vision mixers, tricaster studio, studio camera, teleprompter, Sony DSR 570, DSLR, SonyZ7 camera and lighting.
- Ability to work on outdoor location filming/shoot and ability to handle live outdoor broadcasts
- Studio floor management
- Broadcast cameras operation
- TV studio lighting
- Vision mixing (including multi M/E)
- Sound mixing
- Multi-camera directing
- Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work unsociable hours.
- Demonstrating a good awareness of health and safety issues.
- Ad-hoc duties
The ideal applicant will be hard working, conscientious, and diligent with excellent communication skills and an ability to work efficiently making best use of the resources available.
- Minimum of 3 years previous relevant experience.
- A degree, HND (higher national diploma) or vocational qualification in a subject such as sound technology, sound engineering, physics, electrical engineering or media production, will be particularly valuable.
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position you are applying to.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted