Audio Engineer (Broadcast TV)
Job status: Self-employed contractor
Reporting to: Studio Manager
Location: Ilford, Essex
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel
Islam Channel is the UK’s largest Muslim-focussed network, producing a wide range of programmes across a variety of disciplines: news & current affairs, business & finance, lifestyle/magazine, sport, religion and health. It uses multiple platforms to reach thousands of viewers in over 100 countries worldwide.
Islam Channel sees itself as a creative house that acts as the ‘voice of the voiceless’. This means that no matter how big or small, if it matters to you it matters to us.
Islam Channel is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
The Islam Channel is looking for a talented and experienced Audio Engineer to join the team on a rotating shift pattern. The ideal applicant will be hard working, conscientious, and diligent with excellent communication skills and an ability to work efficiently making best use of the resources available.
- Industry experience as a Sound operating within a live production environment
- Knowledgeable about complex electrical equipment including soundboards, equalisers, microphones, recording equipment, mixing consoles and editing software
- Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality sound and communications service
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Innovative and professional sound applications and facilities.
- Analytical skills enabling the ability to assess daily shows needs
- Possessing good organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Have a good eye and ear for detail
- Good communication and listening skills
- Able to distinguish and deliver the sound that a producer is trying to achieve
- Deliver the utmost sound capability and quality
- Minimum of 2 years previous relevant experience
- A degree, HND (higher national diploma) or vocational qualification in a subject such as sound technology, sound engineering, physics, electrical engineering or media production, will be particularly valuable.
Submit an updated CV with a profile picture and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would be suitable for this role.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted